The Velez Jacket is for very active people who swap between outdoor activities.
If you enjoy mountain walking, cycling, climbing and backpacking, you need a versatile jacket suitable for all these activities. You also need to be able to keep cool when you are working hard, which is where clever ventilation comes in.
The Velez’s versatile design combines with the Nikwax Analogy® fabric for optimum comfort, providing waterproof protection, warmth, and cooling in one garment.
The Velez combines discreet but very effective ventilation, with an athletic shape to minimise wind-resistance.
- Optimum cooling when working hard provided by vents, combined with pocketing, carefully positioned for ease of use.
- Enhanced weather protection when carrying a rucksack provided by mesh reinforcement in the back panel.
- Athletic cut to minimise wind resistance and noise
Nikwax Analogy® is more than just breathable, it is directional, moving liquid water
Conventional breathable membrane waterproof fabrics fail because they cannot remove all of the sweat we produce when we are working hard, especially in cold and wet conditions. Therefore condensation and icing are well known problems experienced with membrane rainwear.
Nikwax Analogy® overcomes these problems because it is not only breathable, but also directional. The Analogy fabric system directs condensation and perspiration away from the body, where it can safely drain away.
To understand the difference between directionality and breathability,
Nikwax Analogy comes in two weights:
- Nikwax Analogy®: durable, full-weight protection
- Nikwax Analogy® Light: same protection, weighs 20% less. A little less durable, but perfect for fast & light adventures