The Quito is a versatile jacket for a wide range of activities, from trekking to cycling. The contoured fit is ideal for multi-activity use when minimal weight combined with good protection is important.
During high energy activities in warmer weather when heavy rain is a possibility, it is important to have lightweight but reliable weather protection that won’t cause you to overheat.
The Quito offers high performance weather protection and moisture management at a low weight. Generous ventilation allows precise temperature adjustment without removing layers.
The Quito Jacket is lightweight and multifunctional with generous ventilation options.
- Lighter weight than our standard Nikwax Analogy® jackets whilst offering the same protection.
- Generous sleeve/torso ventilation zips offer quick temperature regulation on the move.
- An adjustable hood plus reflective strips and lengthened sleeves for cycling make this jacket an all-rounder that will perform from streets to peak.
Nikwax Analogy® is more than just breathable, it is directional, moving liquid water
Conventional breathable membrane waterproof fabrics fail because they cannot remove all of the sweat we produce when we are working hard, especially in cold and wet conditions. Therefore condensation and icing are well known problems experienced with membrane rainwear.
Nikwax Analogy® overcomes these problems because it is not only breathable, but also directional. The Analogy fabric system directs condensation and perspiration away from the body, where it can safely drain away.
To understand the difference between directionality and breathability,
Nikwax Analogy comes in two weights:
- Nikwax Analogy®: durable, full-weight protection
- Nikwax Analogy® Light: same protection, weighs 20% less. A little less durable, but perfect for fast & light adventures